A Guide To Virtual Appointments
Real Estate has been impacted by Covid-19 like so many other businesses in the United States. The COVID-19 pandemic in Palm Beach County has caused Treu Group Real Estate to explore how we serve our buyers and sellers while keeping our team and clients safe. Real estate is typically a people business and that means it relies on close interaction. One of the Company's attitudes is that we will not take a no when a yes is possible. "If one door closes, another one opens"? Here at Treu Group Real Estate, we will be opening that door of opportunity and that is Virtual Appointments and Showings.
How Does Virtual Work?
A Virtual Appointment is perfect for...
Buying is Anything But Normal
If you are buying a home, you might have questions on how to deal with the new normal. Every time I think I have seen it all in real estate, I am reminded that there is always something to shock me. What is the new normal? Let me walk you through the changes to the home buying experience.
- Instead of doing a consultation in person, Treu Group Real Estate is having the same meeting online. We still can meet each other, share important documents, get a clear picture of your dream home, answer questions and even look at options together. This is not all that different than what we have done for out of town buyers before COVID-19. We know how to do this.
- We will carefully select the best matches based upon the consultation appointment. This is the same too....
Things to Do While being Safe
Finding things to do while we are being safe and doing social distancing can be a challenge. The things we normally did for entertainment is no longer an option for us. I know when things return to normal we all will not take our favorite activities for granted.
Here are a few things to do:
- Take a walk somewhere new that you haven't been to before. There are many areas to walk and enjoy nature.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Plan brunch or dinner for your household outdoors.
- Have a game night with your household.
- Host a movie night with a theme on Zoom.
- Cook and eat dinner with a friend on Zoom.
- Enjoy a Happy Hour or Wine tasting online....
Projects to do during Coronavirus
If you are at home during the Coronavirus quarantine you are likely already bored after binge-watching Netflix. Now what? How are you going to deal with the frustration of being stuck at home? Imagine how you would feel if could accomplish the desired project that you have been too busy to do.
Home Improvements to Consider
- Paint a room a new color. Painting can be an easy way to give a room a facelift.
- Set up a work area for you or the kids. Many people are realizing that they need a dedicated space that is functional to work in. The area could double as a place for the kids to study too. Focus on a great desk, lighting and inspiring things like a framed photo or...
Workouts & Coronavirus Shutdowns
We have already heard that our favorite gyms and fitness studios are closing due to the Coronavirus. Now what? How do you keep your health and fitness goals on track? It is not all lost. There are many options to move forward.
1. Go for a walk or run. There are many options for places that are not crowded that allow you to move. The benefit is that you can also get some sunshine and improve your mood.
2. Pick a challenge such as pushups, abs, squats or burpees. Commit to how many you will do every day. It is called a challenge so make it something you haven't done before. How do you decide? Which one do you not want to do? Do that one.
3. Find a workout online. There are...
Does the Coronavirus have the Kids Bored Already?
Schools and activities are closed and we are encouraged to keep everyone home. This is helpful to minimize the spread of the virus however it is a challenge for parents to keep the kids busy, entertained and calm. Many parents are also attempting to work at home which adds a new layer of stress.
Being creative will help you during this time.
- Have a schedule for the day. Having a normal wake up time, school time and playtime allows everyone to know what to expect. Have a spot that is dedicated to organized learning.
- Go to ...
Record Low-Interest Rates
The record-low interest rates are benefiting buyers, sellers, and current homeowners. The concern over the Coronavirus and global financial impact have created a benefit to real estate transactions at an ideal time. The winter and spring/summer season both are taking advantage of the interest rates improving affordability.
Are you wondering how you can take advantage of the opportunity? Almost everyone can benefit.
Ways to Benefit from Record Low Rates
- Homeowners that have a loan should review if a refinance makes sense. You will want to see what the difference is between your current rate and your new rate, how long you plan to own the home and the cost involved.
- If you own a home, it might be the ideal...
Real Estate as a Career
Have you considered a real estate career? It is like all of the real estate tv shows, right? All agents are rolling in the dough and it is easy. Let me share with you the good, bad and the ugly.
- This is a sales position with no income ceilings.
- You can create your life on your terms.
- There is gratification in helping buyers and sellers achieve their goals.
- If you want to be successful, you will work hard. In fact harder than you most likely have before.
- The industry is always changing...every moment of every day. Keeping up with the changes to make sure your clients and business are ahead of the disrupters. You need to innovate all of the time.
Buying My First Home
Are you asking, "Is it time to buy my first home"? That is a great question to consider so you are making the decision instead of having it made for you. The sooner you can buy a home, the more wealth you can build.
What should you consider when deciding if you should buy a home:
1. Do you have a stable income? This is important as having a reliable income is a key to peace of mind and financial stability.
2. Are you planning to live in the area for three to five years? If you are going to be in the area for a reasonable time, it makes sense to strongly consider buying. If you are going to move in a year or two, it might make sense to continue renting.
3. Do you have the ability to deal with issues that can occur with homeownership?...
Down Payment Facts
How much is the Downpayment?
The time when there is a typical downpayment is over. It will vary depending on the type of loan, what you qualify for and the monthly mortgage payment that you comfortable paying.
Many buyers think they need 20% downpayment. That is not the case anymore. Veterans can purchase a home loan with no down payment. FHA loans can be as little as 3.5% down. There are even opportunities to buy with 0% down with conventional loans.
What is the Downpayment?
A down payment is the amount of cash a home buyer puts toward the price of a new home. It accomplishes a few things; first, it reduces the amount of money you need to borrow and it reduces the risk the lender takes in loaning the money. By reducing the risk, the borrower will typically get a better interest rate on the loan...