Tips for Buying a House in the Fall
Surprisingly, fall is a great time to buy a home. There are still homes on the
market which did not sell during the summer months, some at deep discounts. There are also homes newly listed by sellers trying to beat the slower winter months. At the same time, there are fewer buyers out searching, which makes it the perfect time to buy a home.
- Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home and at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity.
- Notice the imperfections. With windy or rainy weather, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris with the falling leaves. Look at gutters and ceilings for both.
- Visit the local school. With school...
How to Design an Amazing Outdoor Space
Great weather in Florida lasts almost year round so having an outdoor space is a real plus. Designing an outdoor space that you’ll look forward to spending time in doesn’t necessarily mean breaking the bank. The essential elements for a beautiful outdoor area are the same at any price point. Many buyers make a great patio or pool area as a popular feature that they want in their new home.
Define the Living Area
Regardless of the size of your space, define the living area through the use of patios, decks and/or furniture. Plan how you will use your outdoor area so you utilize the space the best way you can. An outdoor rug and outdoor furniture will allow you to have a bonus living space. During the cooler months from November to April, dining outdoors is very popular. ...
Tricks to Stage Your Home For Less
If you are ready to put your home on the market, you already know that how it looks can make a significant difference in the sales price. If you are on a budget and don’t want to hire a professional stager, there are still some changes you can make which will create a big impact.
- Declutter; pack up extra “everything.” Remove anything you don’t absolutely need from every room, closet and cupboard. A cluttered closet looks small and uninviting.
- Replace curtains, bedding and towels with light neutral colors to make the room look larger and bright
- Paint a room or two with modern colors
- Store furniture to make the room look larger
- Stage the kitchen with wine and fruit. Skip the fake table setting and create an image of an intimate meal...
Moving with Pets – Make the Move Easier on Your Furry Friends
Moving day can be stressful on everyone. Regardless of how carefully you plan your move, the day itself is still filled with activity and unexpected issues which can cause anxiety. If you have pets, imagine how unsettled they feel as their environment is packed up and taken away?
While nothing can prevent some stress, there are a few tips to make the move easier on your furry friends.
- Prepare a pet-kit. This should include all the necessities; food, toys, blankets, etc.
- Talk with your vet. In advance, determine if you need a new vet and any specific concerns they have for your pet. You might even consider a sedative.
- Isolate your pets from the action and keep them safely contained.
- Transport your pets in your own car....
The Worst Mistakes You Can Make As a Homebuyer
Buying a home is typically the largest financial transaction most people make in their lifetime. The last thing you want to do is make a mistake, one which could cost you time and money – often a lot of money.
These are some of the most common, and worst, mistakes you can make
when buying a home.
• Not doing your homework in advance – Before you do anything else, do some preliminary research and get a pre-qualification letter before you start shopping for your new home.
• Changing Jobs or Buying Big Items – Once you’ve decided to buy a home, it’s critical not to change your circumstances, such as a new job or large credit card purchase.
• Calling the Listing Agent Directly...
5 Most Popular Paint Colors in 2018
The easiest way to modernize a room or home is with paint; color can provide a subtle backdrop or steal the show. From soft neutrals to vivid brights, here are the 5 most exciting new colors for 2018.
1. Charcoals – While the soft neutral grays and taupe of the past few years still enjoyspopularity, today’s grays are becoming bolder. Lush earthy grays and even darker charcoal are popping up in designs for 2018.
2. Blues – Always a popular color for paint, modern blues include soft elements of gray and brown, adding dimension.
3. Sage – Another color which incorporates gray tones of contemporary style is sage. Far from the old avocado of the 70s, sage is a delicate neutral which serves as a great backdrop for today’s home.
4. Brights – The...
Buyers are facing challenges however there is a solution
Half of all buyers have been attempting to find a home for over 3 months. That can be frustrating when you are ready to find your new home. 55% of buyers think the solution is just to wait. 34% of those strugging to buy a home are willing to expand their search to other areas and 24% are willing to change the property size or type that they are looking to purchase.
Does it have to be that way? Buying a home requires a strategy and a proven plan that gets buyers what they want. Here is a way to get results.
Steps to get results:
1. Start with a consultation with a buyer's agent. A buyer's agent makes a huge difference. Having an agent that specializes in working and representing buyers makes a big difference. Did you know that the seller pays your agent? One of the most common things that...
Who Is Buying Real Estate?
Five countries accounted for nearly half (49 percent) of the dollar volume of purchases by foreign buyers are China, Canada, India, Mexico and the United Kingdom. For the sixth consecutive year, China exceeded all other countries in dollar volume of purchases, buying an estimated $30.4 billion worth of residential property, though that's a decrease of 4 percent from last year.
However, rising home prices and low inventory led to a decline in foreign home purchases in the United States. According to an annual survey from the National Association of Realtors® (NAR), total international sales totaled $121 billion during April 2017 to March 2018, a 21 percent decline from the previous 12-month period. Lawrence Yun, NAR chief economist says "Inventory shortages continue to drive up prices, and sustained...
Exterior Projects that Provide the Greatest Return
Are you deciding what outdoor renovations or projects you should do to your home? Well think long term, if you are eventually going to sell your home what renovations will hold their value and give you the greatest return? Take these suggestions into consideration when you are thinking to improve your yard. You want your house to sell for the most so put in the renovations that will allow you to do so.
As you can see most projects lose their value overtime. Choose the renovations that you feel will be best for your house and that will benefit you in the long run.
Today’s Forecast: Sunny with Lower Taxes
If you’re one of the millions of adults preparing for retirement, I have good news: Florida is still beautiful, and the tax rates are lower than the Northeast. You’ve made your fortune in the North, now it’s time to preserve and enjoy it here in the South.
As decisions are made regarding estate planning, healthcare, etc. there are several considerations that should take priority related to your real estate holdings:
1. Do you currently own property where you want to retire?
2. Do you intend on retaining ownership of your current property(s) through retirement?
3. Is the master bedroom in your current property(s) on the first floor? (spry now achy later!)
4. Do you want to live in a community or isolated suburb?
5. What type of lifestyle and corresponding activities do you want to enjoy?