Fun Holiday Things To Do In Palm Beach County
There are many fun Holiday Things To Do In Palm Beach County to enjoy the Holiday Season. With warmer weather, the Holdiays might be a little different in Florida. You can experience a white Christmas, it will just be sand instead of snow.
The Christmas season is just around the corner and if you are looking for the best place to experience the holidays, you will definitely want to spend it in Palm Beach County!
So many places with different festivities can be enjoyed around Palm Beach County and here are 6 events that will make your trip all worth it:
1. Sandi Tree in West Palm Beach
Waterfront, West Palm Beach
Witness Sandi, the only 35-foot, 700-ton sand tree in the world as she lights up the venue on November 29...
Thanksgiving is the start of the holiday season. While the standard pumpkins and scented candles are a nice touch, there are so many other options for decorating a home for Thanksgiving. Consider these interesting and unusual touches to bring a fall feel to your home.
- Colorful Leaves – In most parts of the country, there are piles of fall leaves in the front yard. In Florida we have to seek them out however you can find them in select stores. There are a huge variety of uses for these bright leaves. Gather some to use on the dining room table, inside candle hurricanes or scatter along the mantle.
- Natural Elements – Decorations don’t need to be so obvious. Consider using driftwood, acorns and pinecones to add a fall flavor...
Reasons To Stop Renting
Some people may argue that home ownership is overrated, there are plenty of good reasons to stop renting and buy house. And with the present mortgage rates, there has never been a better time to take the plunge. Understandably, owning your property and being responsible for its maintenance can be scary - but this shouldn’t stop you. If you’re nearing the end of your rental lease, here are a few reasons to stop renting.
1. Interest Rates are low
2. Earn Equity - grow wealth - If you are renting, you’re throwing your money away. In reality your rent money is helping your landlord pay off his mortgage, while building up his line of equity. One of the many perks of owning a home is building equity.
3. Low Down payment loans
Florida's 2018 Profile International Real Estate Update
What is the international real estate market doing in 2018? South Florida is such a popular place for buyers from all over the world and the global impact is felt when there are changes. International buyers accounted for 19% of all real estate transactions in Florida based upon dollar volume. This number is down from 21% last year. International buyers state that increased prices, lack of inventory and changes in the exchange rate are a few reasons that they have decided not to purchase a Florida home.
What areas are the most popular for international buyers in Florida? South Florida (Miami, Ft Lauderdale, West Palm Beach) received 54% of all international transactions....
How to Choose a Real Estate Agent
Real estate agents seem to grow on trees. Everyone can list off a few agents from their cousin to the “nice lady” they talk to at the local coffee shop. But choosing the right agent is a critical element to having a successful transaction. Experience and expertise vary widely from agent to agent, so how can you choose the right person for your needs?
- Ask for Referrals – Yes, everyone knows an agent, but asking someone with a recent transaction is the best way to find a good agent.
- Do Your Research – Fortunately the Internet makes it very easy to do some research. Check local sites like Yelp, Zillow or Google to see what customers say. (We are proud of our reviews so check away).
- Be sure to understand what they will do to market your home – Marketing is important...
How to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger....Here's the 10 Simple Ways
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief,
making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10
easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of
2. Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a
3. Remove Barriers – Open up the room with clear glass shower doors or
4. Monotone Decorating – Use the same light colors on walls, countertops,
floors and cabinetry to allow for the eyes to flow through the space.
5. Negative Space –...
How to Survive a Remodel While Living in the Home
Certainly the best way to live through a home remodel is to pack up and head to a beach house in Hawaii. Unfortunately, most people aren’t able to do that and must try to balance the construction crew and dust while also living in the home. Fortunately, there are a few survival tips that can help you live through the chaos.
Make boundaries right up front and make sure everyone is aware of the rules.
Limit access to parts of the home not included in the construction and set a
schedule for start and stop times. Get a collection of “do not disturb” signs for use around the home to ensure you have private spaces and times.
Boundaries should also include times set aside to discuss the project with the
General Contractor, tradesmen and project managers. Make yourself available for...
Tips for Buying a House in the Fall
Surprisingly, fall is a great time to buy a home. There are still homes on the
market which did not sell during the summer months, some at deep discounts. There are also homes newly listed by sellers trying to beat the slower winter months. At the same time, there are fewer buyers out searching, which makes it the perfect time to buy a home.
- Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home and at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity.
- Notice the imperfections. With windy or rainy weather, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris with the falling leaves. Look at gutters and ceilings for both.
- Visit the local school. With school in session, this...
How to Design an Amazing Outdoor Space
Great weather in Florida lasts almost year round so having an outdoor space is a real plus. Designing an outdoor space that you’ll look forward to spending time in doesn’t necessarily mean breaking the bank. The essential elements for a beautiful outdoor area are the same at any price point. Many buyers make a great patio or pool area as a popular feature that they want in their new home.
Define the Living Area
Regardless of the size of your space, define the living area through the use of patios, decks and/or furniture. Plan how you will use your outdoor area so you utilize the space the best way you can. An outdoor rug and outdoor furniture will allow you to have a bonus living space. During the cooler months from November to April, dining outdoors is very popular.
Tricks to Stage Your Home For Less
If you are ready to put your home on the market, you already know that how it looks can make a significant difference in the sales price. If you are on a budget and don’t want to hire a professional stager, there are still some changes you can make which will create a big impact.
- Declutter; pack up extra “everything.” Remove anything you don’t absolutely need from every room, closet and cupboard. A cluttered closet looks small and uninviting.
- Replace curtains, bedding and towels with light neutral colors to make the room look larger and bright
- Paint a room or two with modern colors
- Store furniture to make the room look larger
- Stage the kitchen with wine and fruit. Skip the fake table setting and create an image of an intimate meal with...