5 Tips for a Smooth Moving Day
Regardless of whether you’re moving across town or across the globe, moving day can be stressful. Often people find themselves scrambling to get everything done and make sure it’s done correctly. By following a few simple steps, you can make your moving day go smoothly and without the typical headaches.
1. Hire the Right Company – The easiest way to ensure your moving day goes smoothly is to do your homework ahead of time. Clearly communicate your needs and expectations, check references and keep a record of all conversations and estimate.
2. Have Your Packing Done Ahead of Time – Don’t wait until the last minute to get your portion of the packing done.
3. Check the Work Order before They Start – Mistakes and misunderstandings...
Real Estate Advice You Should Ignore
Buying or selling your home is a big decision. It’s natural to have questions, but how can you tell if the information and advice you receive is accurate to your situation? Not only can you find bad information online but it might come from unexpected sources, like your friends, your family and even your agent.
Here are a few of the costly real estate advice that you should ignore each and every time.
1. You’ll save money if you don’t work with an agent – Both buyers and sellers fall into this trap, but bottom line, a good agent will save both parties money through their market knowledge and negotiation skills.
2. Determining your price by online estimates – Online home value estimates, such as Zillow’s Zestimates,...
Is it time to move?
Moving is a big decision. It is hard for many to change and often there is emotional attachment for the home. It’s understandable andt yet a home that doesn’t fit your needs any longer can make even the most loved home uncomfortable. Are you wondering if it’s time to move? Here are 6 telltale signs that you should consider putting the “for sale” sign up in your front yard.
1. Your Home is Too Small – One of the most common signs is that you’ve outgrown your home.
2. Your Home is Too Large – Life changes! Empty nesters often find the home too large and it’s maintenance too much when they finally have time to travel and relax.
3. Your Home is Too Expensive – Are you spending all your extra...
8 Things Buyer Notice in a Home
Buyers notice everything when they walk into a home - good and bad. From the moment they walk in the front door, they are trying to determine if this is the right home for them. If you have your home listed for sale, paying attention to what the buyers notice can mean the difference between an offer and a missed opportunity.
Here are the 8 Things Buyers Notice as Soon as they Walk In
1. Light – A bright home is inviting. Make sure you fill your home with lots of natural light or a soft evening glow. Having clean windows is important when selling a home.
2. Smell – Nothing is less inviting than a strong odor. Even candles and air fresheners can be overwhelming. Less is more and make sure nothing unpleasant is lingering. Vanilla is the scent that most buyers...
DIY projects are all of the rage however many homeowners aren't sure where to start. Here are 7 projects that will be an improvement to your home.
1. Paint – Paint an accent wall or an entire room with a fresh color. A new oclor on the front door and garage door is a great way to make your home more welcoming. Paint is one of the easiest way to change the way a home feels and it is very inexpensive.
2. Declutter – Sure this sounds like a fancy name for house cleaning, but decluttering is more than that. Remove excess furnishings to make your rooms seem larger and more inviting. Take a look at the items in your home. Do you love...
It is that time of year to get organized and you must be seeing all of the posts and books about this topic. Sometimes it seems like there is too much to do so why bother. arrives, thought turns to ways to improve our health, our finances and our schedules. Getting organized in one of the most common New Year’s Resolutions, along with losing weight and finding love; if it’s one of yours as well, here are 5 great ways to get organized.
1. Create a Cleaning Schedule – Everyone likes a clean home but very few people like a huge cleaning project. Build a schedule which allows you to clean as you go – daily tasks which are quick and easy to accomplish as part of the routine.
Tips for Selling
If you are thinking of selling, a little preaparation goes a long way. The 7 steps will increase your chances for success and reduce some stress. Selling a home is already one of the top stresses in life so anything we can do to make it easier is helpful, right?
1. Move Up Spring Cleaning – No matter what time of year it is, do your spring cleaning. Declutter, depersonalize some and make the home look roomier. The way we live in a home and the way we should sell a home is different. Go through each room and look at your home objectively and see what you can toss, donate or sell. Most of us have 1/3 to 2/3 more than we should...
Have you been dreaming of a 2nd home? You are not alone especially if you are thinking of coming south to Florida. Florida is the #1 choice for people looking to purchase a 2nd home.
Why wouldn't Florida be #1? The weather, easy travel access, beautiful beaches and the largest number of golf courses make it an easy choice. Dining outdoors at night is a popular activity too. It is hard to imagine that it is winter.
According to the Florida Association of Realtors, Florida has the largest number of second homes – 1.1 million properties – followed by California, New York, Texas, Michigan,...
A recent study by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) show that a $1,000 increase in the cost of a median-priced newly built home, pushes 127,560 buyers out of the market. This means that the increasing prices are impacting affordability and the ability for potential buyers to purchase a home.
So, what does this mean? This study illustrated how even a relatively small increase in price or interest rate can dramatically impact housing affordability, according to NAHB Chariman Randy Noel. Housing affordability is currently a serious problem in communities across the country including South and Central Florida. On top of rising prices, the concern over interest rates is on the mind of the buyers...
How To Know When It's Time For a New Roof
It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls since you see them every day. You noiice the wear easier. When to replace your roof is a different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing how it looks? If you’re like most people, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof is when it starts to leak. Before that happens, here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced:
- It’s old: Depending on the roof type, will depend how long it will last. A metal roof will last the longest, then tile comes in 2nd and shingle roofs will need replaced...