Florida Ranks 5th On Most Tax-Friendly States
When buying a home, there are a lot of factors that come into play- climate, cost of living, lifestyle, and taxes. Fortunately, Florida provides the great weather, all of the activities that you desire, an active lifestyle, and most importantly, a favorable tax environnent Kiplinger listed the 10 most tax-friendly states for retirees, and there is no surprise the Sunshine State made it to the top 5 among other states like Georgia, Nevada, South Dakota, and Pennsylvania.
Florida exempts Social Security benefits, inheritance tax, estate tax and we don't have a state...
Trends in Kitchen Lighting
The kitchen has always been the most important room in the home. A warm, inviting space which invites family and friends to gather and linger over great food and conversation is all about the styling and design. Lighting is a great way to add interest and ambiance to your kitchen areas. Here are the hottest trends in kitchen lighting in 2018.
The advantage of LED lighting is that they are incredibly flexible and can be used in a wide variety of fixtures and locations.
As in other areas of design, natural elements are headed to the lighting section. Beautiful woods, rope, burlap and other materials are now being used in lighting fixtures to add interest and warmth.
The Counter Offer – Negotiation Strategies for Sellers
Getting an offer on your home is very exciting. Then you open the offer and realize it’s not what you were expecting and you are wondering what to do next. Answering an offer which is not acceptable is a matter of strategy. Sometimes buyers feel they need to "try" a lower offer. Here are a few of the strategies used by successful listing agents to handle a low offer.
The most common way to respond to an offer that is not quite right. You can counter at the list price and terms or come down and offer something in between list price and the offer.
Highest and Best
This strategy allows the buyer to revise their offer,...
Here’s Why Now Is The Best Time To Start Your Life In Florida
Have you ever dreamt of owning a home in Florida? This is the time to turn that dream into a reality. Florida is paradise with no shortage of things to do. From music festivals and sporting events, to theme parks and beaches, there is no doubt why Florida remains in its rank in cities people would want to live in.
Are you ready to make Florida your new home? We are here to share with you the reasons why more people are moving to Florida:
Florida does not have state income tax. The primary benefit of eradicating individual income tax is that residents have room for growth, which makes them better at creating jobs.
Florida is home...
Choosing Your Lender is Important
The team that a buyer puts together is important to the success of having an offer accepted. The buyer's agent and lender can make the difference bettween having the home of your dreams or hearing the seller accepted another offer. So how do you choose your lender? Here are some tips:
Selecting your Lender
1. It is not just about the interest rate. Yes you want them to be competitive however if you have the lowest rate with a lender that seller's don't like then what matters. Lenders are often the tipping point of which deal to take.
2. Does your lender have in house under writing and processing? Why does this matter? They can do things better and faster. Imagine having a lender that has 7 days a week applications, processing and underwriting. This allows for...
5 Reasons Why Moving To Orlando Is Worth Your Investment
Orlando is a popular location in Central Florida. To some, it is a city full of childhood memories. Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando are just a few of the main attractions in Florida, but there is much more about this city than meets the eye.
According to Zillow research, Orlando ranked first on the top 10 list of best places for homebuyers this winter, based on these three factors:
- Increased share of homes for sale with a reduced price
- Increased rent appreciation expected for the next year
- Increased affordability
We would also say you should look at Orlando due to amazing things to do, ease of travel and great weather.
Choosing a Chandelier – How to Pick the Correct Size
There was a time when chandeliers were either carefully centered over the formal dining room table or reserved for the entry foyer of a grand mansion. Today, chandeliers are found in a wide variety of new locations in modern homes. From master bathrooms to bedrooms, chandeliers are providing a luxury touch throughout the home.
The effect of a chandelier in décor depends entirely on choosing not only the correct style, but the proper size as well. Chosen well, a chandelier can add a sophistication and elegance to any space.
Once you’ve decided on the style of chandelier, it’s time to choose the correct size. The most important element is the size of the room.
5 Qualities of a Good Neighbor
One of the most important aspects of a nice living environment is the neighborhood itself. Home buyers can investigate the local schools, parks, and restaurants, but it’s harder to know if they have good neighbors or not until they are actually living in the home. Being a good neighbor is a great way to ensure that you fit into the area well and receive the same kind of respect in return.
- Be Friendly but not Overly Familiar – Respect boundaries but always present a smiling, friendly attitude while interacting with your new neighbors.
- Respect Quiet Times – Generally accepted quiet times, such as early mornings or late evenings are a given, but be respectful of playing loud music or activities during other times as well.
If you are new to real estate investing, there is a lot to learn. Unlike investing in the stock market or mutual funds, the success of a real estate investment largely depends on you; what property you purchase and how you manage the property once you own it. Real estate is a large capital investment, so before you write that first offer, it’s helpful to learn as much as you can. These 4 basic tips will give you some direction as you learn about investment opportunities.
- Location, Location, Location – One of the most important aspects of a successful real estate investment is the location. The right neighborhood, street or community can make thousands of dollars of difference.
- Consider Wholesale Properties – Watch for properties listed below market value....
Buying a home can be very exciting but it can also be confusing, especially to first time buyers. The truth is that buying a home can be a simple and stress free transaction, if home buyers follow a few simple tips. Having an experienced real estate team on your side can make the difference when buying a home. Here are 5 basic tips to help home buyers navigate the process:
- One Step at a Time – Home buying is not a one-time moment but a series of steps. Make decisions as they come, as you move through the process makes buying more managable.
- Start with a Lender – Understanding your financial decision is your first step towards homeownership. Talk to a lender first so you know your parameters and limitations ahead of time. The lender you select can...