Never Skip A Home Inspection
Buying a home can be expensive. It might feel like once you’ve entered escrow, you have new things to pay for at every turn. While the fees are normal and customary, if you don’t buy a home often, you might wonder if they are all necessary.
One expense that is often discussed is inspections. What inspections do you need and how should you choose the right person to perform them. During the home inspection contingency period, you have a right to perform as many investigations as necessary to determine the condition of the property you are buying.
Typically you will want to make sure there are a home inspection and a termite inspection. Other options could include...
Florida Ranks 5th On Most Tax-Friendly States
When buying a home, there are a lot of factors that come into play- climate, cost of living, lifestyle, and taxes. Fortunately, Florida provides the great weather, all of the activities that you desire, an active lifestyle, and most importantly, a favorable tax environnent Kiplinger listed the 10 most tax-friendly states for retirees, and there is no surprise the Sunshine State made it to the top 5 among other states like Georgia, Nevada, South Dakota, and Pennsylvania.
Florida exempts Social Security benefits, inheritance tax, estate tax and we don't have a state...
Here’s Why Now Is The Best Time To Start Your Life In Florida
Have you ever dreamt of owning a home in Florida? This is the time to turn that dream into a reality. Florida is paradise with no shortage of things to do. From music festivals and sporting events, to theme parks and beaches, there is no doubt why Florida remains in its rank in cities people would want to live in.
Are you ready to make Florida your new home? We are here to share with you the reasons why more people are moving to Florida:
Florida does not have state income tax. The primary benefit of eradicating individual income tax is that residents have room for growth, which makes them better at creating jobs.
Choosing Your Lender is Important
The team that a buyer puts together is important to the success of having an offer accepted. The buyer's agent and lender can make the difference bettween having the home of your dreams or hearing the seller accepted another offer. So how do you choose your lender? Here are some tips:
Selecting your Lender
1. It is not just about the interest rate. Yes you want them to be competitive however if you have the lowest rate with a lender that seller's don't like then what matters. Lenders are often the tipping point of which deal to take.
2. Does your lender have in house under writing and processing? Why does this matter? They can do things better and faster. Imagine having a lender that has 7 days a week applications, processing and underwriting. This allows...
5 Reasons Why Moving To Orlando Is Worth Your Investment
Orlando is a popular location in Central Florida. To some, it is a city full of childhood memories. Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando are just a few of the main attractions in Florida, but there is much more about this city than meets the eye.
According to Zillow research, Orlando ranked first on the top 10 list of best places for homebuyers this winter, based on these three factors:
- Increased share of homes for sale with a reduced price
- Increased rent appreciation expected for the next year
- Increased affordability
We would also say you should look at Orlando due to amazing things to do, ease of travel and great weather.
5 Qualities of a Good Neighbor
One of the most important aspects of a nice living environment is the neighborhood itself. Home buyers can investigate the local schools, parks, and restaurants, but it’s harder to know if they have good neighbors or not until they are actually living in the home. Being a good neighbor is a great way to ensure that you fit into the area well and receive the same kind of respect in return.
- Be Friendly but not Overly Familiar – Respect boundaries but always present a smiling, friendly attitude while interacting with your new neighbors.
- Respect Quiet Times – Generally accepted quiet times, such as early mornings or late evenings are a given, but be respectful of playing loud music or activities during other times as well.
Buying a home can be very exciting but it can also be confusing, especially to first time buyers. The truth is that buying a home can be a simple and stress free transaction, if home buyers follow a few simple tips. Having an experienced real estate team on your side can make the difference when buying a home. Here are 5 basic tips to help home buyers navigate the process:
- One Step at a Time – Home buying is not a one-time moment but a series of steps. Make decisions as they come, as you move through the process makes buying more managable.
- Start with a Lender – Understanding your financial decision is your first step towards homeownership. Talk to a lender first so you know your parameters and limitations ahead of time. The lender...
Reasons To Stop Renting
Some people may argue that home ownership is overrated, there are plenty of good reasons to stop renting and buy house. And with the present mortgage rates, there has never been a better time to take the plunge. Understandably, owning your property and being responsible for its maintenance can be scary - but this shouldn’t stop you. If you’re nearing the end of your rental lease, here are a few reasons to stop renting.
1. Interest Rates are low
2. Earn Equity - grow wealth - If you are renting, you’re throwing your money away. In reality your rent money is helping your landlord pay off his mortgage, while building up his line of equity. One of the many perks of owning a home is building equity.
3. Low Down payment loans
4. Rents are increasing...
Tips for Buying a House in the Fall
Surprisingly, fall is a great time to buy a home. There are still homes on the
market which did not sell during the summer months, some at deep discounts. There are also homes newly listed by sellers trying to beat the slower winter months. At the same time, there are fewer buyers out searching, which makes it the perfect time to buy a home.
- Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home and at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity.
- Notice the imperfections. With windy or rainy weather, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris with the falling leaves. Look at gutters and ceilings for both.
- Visit the local school. With school in session, this is a good...
The Worst Mistakes You Can Make As a Homebuyer
Buying a home is typically the largest financial transaction most people make in their lifetime. The last thing you want to do is make a mistake, one which could cost you time and money – often a lot of money.
These are some of the most common, and worst, mistakes you can make
when buying a home.
• Not doing your homework in advance – Before you do anything else, do some preliminary research and get a pre-qualification letter before you start shopping for your new home.
• Changing Jobs or Buying Big Items – Once you’ve decided to buy a home, it’s critical not to change your circumstances, such as a new job or large credit card purchase.
• Calling the Listing Agent Directly –...