10 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief, making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10 easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of space.
2. Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a must.
3. Remove Barriers –...
DIY projects are all of the rage however many homeowners aren't sure where to start. Here are 7 projects that will be an improvement to your home.
1. Paint – Paint an accent wall or an entire room with a fresh color. A new oclor on the front door and garage door is a great way to make your home more welcoming. Paint is one of the easiest way to change the way a home feels and it is very inexpensive.
2. Declutter – Sure this sounds like a fancy name for house cleaning, but decluttering is more than that. Remove excess furnishings to make your rooms seem larger and more inviting. Take a look at the...
It is that time of year to get organized and you must be seeing all of the posts and books about this topic. Sometimes it seems like there is too much to do so why bother. arrives, thought turns to ways to improve our health, our finances and our schedules. Getting organized in one of the most common New Year’s Resolutions, along with losing weight and finding love; if it’s one of yours as well, here are 5 great ways to get organized.
1. Create a Cleaning Schedule – Everyone likes a clean home but very few people like a huge cleaning project. Build a schedule which allows you to clean as you go – daily tasks which are quick and easy to accomplish as part of the...
How To Know When It's Time For a New Roof
It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls since you see them every day. You noiice the wear easier. When to replace your roof is a different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing how it looks? If you’re like most people, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof is when it starts to leak. Before that happens, here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced:
- It’s old: Depending on the roof type, will depend how long it will last. A metal roof will last the longest, then tile comes in...
Top 5 Home Projects
You already know that your home does not look like the pictures in the home magazines. If you’re ready to list your home, you might be wondering if you should do some home improvements or upgrades before listing. The truth is not all changes will bring the best Return on Investment (ROI). Before you plan a big, or small, improvement project, here are the top home improvements which have been shown to bring the best “bang for the buck.”
- Yard clean-up and landscaping
- Complete home cleaning and de-cluttering
- Replacing the front door
Trends in Kitchen Lighting
The kitchen has always been the most important room in the home. A warm, inviting space which invites family and friends to gather and linger over great food and conversation is all about the styling and design. Lighting is a great way to add interest and ambiance to your kitchen areas. Here are the hottest trends in kitchen lighting in 2018.
The advantage of LED lighting is that they are incredibly flexible and can be used in a wide variety of fixtures and locations.
As in other areas of design, natural elements are headed to the lighting section. Beautiful woods, rope, burlap and other materials are now being used in lighting fixtures to add interest and warmth.
Pendants lighting has...
Choosing a Chandelier – How to Pick the Correct Size
There was a time when chandeliers were either carefully centered over the formal dining room table or reserved for the entry foyer of a grand mansion. Today, chandeliers are found in a wide variety of new locations in modern homes. From master bathrooms to bedrooms, chandeliers are providing a luxury touch throughout the home.
The effect of a chandelier in décor depends entirely on choosing not only the correct style, but the proper size as well. Chosen well, a chandelier can add a sophistication and elegance to any space.
Once you’ve decided on the style of chandelier, it’s time to choose the correct size. The most important element is the size of the room.
With the popularity of the home remodeling shows, home owners across the country are anxious to take out their tool box and remodel their home too. Most often, remodels are better suited to professionals however, and this can cost significantly more. Regardless of the method, remodeling projects are not inexpensive, so making the best impact for the cost is important. Here are the top 5 rooms to remodel.
1. Kitchen – Always a great return on investment. From functional spaces to bona find living areas, add extra seating, lighting and entertaining spaces such as a bar or counter.
2. Backyard Kitchen/Family Room – The backyard is an extension of the interior. Section off areas for an outdoor kitchen and family room. Add a fireplace or even a TV.
Thanksgiving is the start of the holiday season. While the standard pumpkins and scented candles are a nice touch, there are so many other options for decorating a home for Thanksgiving. Consider these interesting and unusual touches to bring a fall feel to your home.
- Colorful Leaves – In most parts of the country, there are piles of fall leaves in the front yard. In Florida we have to seek them out however you can find them in select stores. There are a huge variety of uses for these bright leaves. Gather some to use on the dining room table, inside candle hurricanes or scatter along the mantle.
- Natural Elements – Decorations don’t need to be so obvious. Consider using driftwood, acorns and pinecones to add a fall flavor to your home décor....
How to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger....Here's the 10 Simple Ways
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief,
making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10
easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of
2. Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a
3. Remove Barriers – Open up the room with clear glass shower doors or
4. Monotone Decorating – Use the same light colors on walls, countertops,
floors and cabinetry to allow for the eyes to flow through the space.
5. Negative Space – Consider using...