Negotiating for Top Dollar
Selling your home? Every seller wants to make sure they sell their home for the best possible sales price. Getting top dollar for your home is not as complicated as you might think. By using a simple negotiation strategy, you can make sure receive the best price for your home listing.
The first step in a negotiation strategy begins before you even list your home. Choosing the right real estate agent and listening to their advice regarding home value is important. Choose a realistic list price; over-pricing to “test the market” is not only a waste of time, but as the listing ages on the market, buyers are more likely to write lowball offers.
Once you receive and offer; review and respond to all reasonable offers. Never assume that...
11 Home Features That Help You Sell Faster
Are you looking to sell your home? If so you will want to take a look at some upgrades that will help you sell faster.
Deciding where to invest your renoation dollars is important to get the best ROi possible. If you own a home, you might want to consider which improvements allow you to sell your home faster. Considering which improvements buyers value is a good step before you start spending your hard earned money. Not all improvements will allow you to get all of your money back so choose wisely
Most home remodeling efforts only increase home values by 50% - 80% of the average project's costs, according to Remodeling magazine's 2019 Cost...
Why Millionaires Love Real Estate
Serious investors already know the value of a diversified portfolio. In addition to stocks and bonds, real estate should be included in your investment mix. One way to accomplish this is to purchase, hold, rent or flip actual physical property, as part of your investment strategy. Real estate is a solid asset which can provide annual income, asset appreciation and/or quick profit.
Millionaires understand the value of real estate and how it can be used to increase wealth and as a hedge against the volatility of other investments, such as stocks and bonds. Real estate holdings can provide immediate and long-term benefits:
• Cash Flow - Rental income is one of the primary reasons investors purchase property.
• Asset Appreciation –...
5 Things NOT to do When Staging
Staging a home for sale is the most misunderstood process in home selling. Creating the right atmosphere in the home, one which invites potential buyers to linger is much more than this. When creating the right scene, it’s just as important to know what NOT to when staging the home.
1. Neglecting the Deep Clean – A clean and fresh home is the very first step. If the home smells like last night’s dinner and there is cat hair in the corners, regardless of what else you do, it’s not going to sell.
2. Leaving the Clutter – Of course, you’re still living in the home, but it shouldn’t necessarily look like it.
3. Keeping Too Many Personal Photos In View – Again, the goals is to create a place where the buyers can...
Is it time to move?
Moving is a big decision. It is hard for many to change and often there is emotional attachment for the home. It’s understandable andt yet a home that doesn’t fit your needs any longer can make even the most loved home uncomfortable. Are you wondering if it’s time to move? Here are 6 telltale signs that you should consider putting the “for sale” sign up in your front yard.
1. Your Home is Too Small – One of the most common signs is that you’ve outgrown your home.
2. Your Home is Too Large – Life changes! Empty nesters often find the home too large and it’s maintenance too much when they finally have time to travel and relax.
3. Your Home is Too Expensive – Are you spending all...
8 Things Buyer Notice in a Home
Buyers notice everything when they walk into a home - good and bad. From the moment they walk in the front door, they are trying to determine if this is the right home for them. If you have your home listed for sale, paying attention to what the buyers notice can mean the difference between an offer and a missed opportunity.
Here are the 8 Things Buyers Notice as Soon as they Walk In
1. Light – A bright home is inviting. Make sure you fill your home with lots of natural light or a soft evening glow. Having clean windows is important when selling a home.
2. Smell – Nothing is less inviting than a strong odor. Even candles and air fresheners can be overwhelming. Less is more and make sure nothing unpleasant is lingering. Vanilla is the scent that...
Tips for Selling
If you are thinking of selling, a little preaparation goes a long way. The 7 steps will increase your chances for success and reduce some stress. Selling a home is already one of the top stresses in life so anything we can do to make it easier is helpful, right?
1. Move Up Spring Cleaning – No matter what time of year it is, do your spring cleaning. Declutter, depersonalize some and make the home look roomier. The way we live in a home and the way we should sell a home is different. Go through each room and look at your home objectively and see what you can toss, donate or sell. Most of us have 1/3 to 2/3 more...
The Counter Offer – Negotiation Strategies for Sellers
Getting an offer on your home is very exciting. Then you open the offer and realize it’s not what you were expecting and you are wondering what to do next. Answering an offer which is not acceptable is a matter of strategy. Sometimes buyers feel they need to "try" a lower offer. Here are a few of the strategies used by successful listing agents to handle a low offer.
The most common way to respond to an offer that is not quite right. You can counter at the list price and terms or come down and offer something in between list price and the offer.
Highest and Best
This strategy allows the buyer to revise their offer, should they...
Exterior Projects that Provide the Greatest Return
Are you deciding what outdoor renovations or projects you should do to your home? Well think long term, if you are eventually going to sell your home what renovations will hold their value and give you the greatest return? Take these suggestions into consideration when you are thinking to improve your yard. You want your house to sell for the most so put in the renovations that will allow you to do so.
As you can see most projects lose their value overtime. Choose the renovations that you feel will be best for your house and that will benefit you in the long run.
Home Staging Tips
If you're thinking of selling there are many ways to prepare with staging so you maximize the equity from your home. It doesn't have to take a huge budget to make a big impact. Sometimes we all need a few tricks up our sleeve, ways to make our homes look stylish on a budget, right? Fortunately, there are ways – even on a budget.
Here, you will discover the simplest and least expensive home staging tips to make your home look stylish.
Remove all clutter
Get rid of all the clutter in your home. Either throw it away or store it neatly out of sight. All floors and surfaces should be clutter-free, while cabinets and closets should be neatly organized. If they are packed full buyers will think the house is too small.
Paint the walls
Give walls a fresh look with new paint and go for warm, sophisticated neutrals...