5 Things NOT to do When Staging
Staging a home for sale is the most misunderstood process in home selling. Creating the right atmosphere in the home, one which invites potential buyers to linger is much more than this. When creating the right scene, it’s just as important to know what NOT to when staging the home.
1. Neglecting the Deep Clean – A clean and fresh home is the very first step. If the home smells like last night’s dinner and there is cat hair in the corners, regardless of what else you do, it’s not going to sell.
2. Leaving the Clutter – Of course, you’re still living in the home, but it shouldn’t necessarily look like it.
3. Keeping Too Many Personal Photos In View – Again, the goals is to create a place where...
Is it time to move?
Moving is a big decision. It is hard for many to change and often there is emotional attachment for the home. It’s understandable andt yet a home that doesn’t fit your needs any longer can make even the most loved home uncomfortable. Are you wondering if it’s time to move? Here are 6 telltale signs that you should consider putting the “for sale” sign up in your front yard.
1. Your Home is Too Small – One of the most common signs is that you’ve outgrown your home.
2. Your Home is Too Large – Life changes! Empty nesters often find the home too large and it’s maintenance too much when they finally have time to travel and relax.
3. Your Home is Too Expensive – Are...
8 Things Buyer Notice in a Home
Buyers notice everything when they walk into a home - good and bad. From the moment they walk in the front door, they are trying to determine if this is the right home for them. If you have your home listed for sale, paying attention to what the buyers notice can mean the difference between an offer and a missed opportunity.
Here are the 8 Things Buyers Notice as Soon as they Walk In
1. Light – A bright home is inviting. Make sure you fill your home with lots of natural light or a soft evening glow. Having clean windows is important when selling a home.
2. Smell – Nothing is less inviting than a strong odor. Even candles and air fresheners can be overwhelming. Less is more and make sure nothing unpleasant is lingering. Vanilla is...
Tips for Selling
If you are thinking of selling, a little preaparation goes a long way. The 7 steps will increase your chances for success and reduce some stress. Selling a home is already one of the top stresses in life so anything we can do to make it easier is helpful, right?
1. Move Up Spring Cleaning – No matter what time of year it is, do your spring cleaning. Declutter, depersonalize some and make the home look roomier. The way we live in a home and the way we should sell a home is different. Go through each room and look at your home objectively and see what you can toss, donate or sell. Most of us have...
The Counter Offer – Negotiation Strategies for Sellers
Getting an offer on your home is very exciting. Then you open the offer and realize it’s not what you were expecting and you are wondering what to do next. Answering an offer which is not acceptable is a matter of strategy. Sometimes buyers feel they need to "try" a lower offer. Here are a few of the strategies used by successful listing agents to handle a low offer.
The most common way to respond to an offer that is not quite right. You can counter at the list price and terms or come down and offer something in between list price and the offer.
Highest and Best
This strategy allows the buyer to revise their offer,...
Exterior Projects that Provide the Greatest Return
Are you deciding what outdoor renovations or projects you should do to your home? Well think long term, if you are eventually going to sell your home what renovations will hold their value and give you the greatest return? Take these suggestions into consideration when you are thinking to improve your yard. You want your house to sell for the most so put in the renovations that will allow you to do so.
As you can see most projects lose their value overtime. Choose the renovations that you feel will be best for your house and that will benefit you in the long run.
Home Staging Tips
If you're thinking of selling there are many ways to prepare with staging so you maximize the equity from your home. It doesn't have to take a huge budget to make a big impact. Sometimes we all need a few tricks up our sleeve, ways to make our homes look stylish on a budget, right? Fortunately, there are ways – even on a budget.
Here, you will discover the simplest and least expensive home staging tips to make your home look stylish.
Remove all clutter
Get rid of all the clutter in your home. Either throw it away or store it neatly out of sight. All floors and surfaces should be clutter-free, while cabinets and closets should be neatly organized. If they are packed full buyers will think the house is too small.
Paint the walls
Give walls a fresh look with new paint and go for warm, sophisticated...
If you are ready to move to a new home, a common question to ask is whether you should sell or rent your current home. There isn't a right answer, it depends on your situation. Here are some things to consider:
1. What are your expenses for the home versus what you can rent you can receive for the home? Take a look at your expenses including any mortgages, taxes, association fees and insurance.
2. Is your home currently homesteaded? If that is the case, you need to factor in that once you move out, the homestead extension will expire and the taxes will increase. The increase could be substantial depending on how long you have owned your home.
3. How will you handle if there are needed repairs? Will you be able to financially handle the additional expenses? Will you be ok getting calls from the tenant that something has stopped working...
Are you facing probate and wonder where to begin?
What is probate anyway and do I need to do it? Probate is the process how property and assets and creditors' claims are resolved. This is needed unless there has been a special deed prepared in advance or a trust is in place.
This is a very challenging time of life and many wonder where to start. There are many challenges that family members face when they have lost a loved one.
When is probate not necessary?
1. When assets are in a trust.
2. When property is passed by contract (IRA's, insurance, pensions, etc)
3. When a property is held in joint tenancy or is a spousal property.
Top Challenges That Families Face:
1. Dealing with the emotions while you are making financial decisions.
How do you get the most for your home when selling?
The first thing that sellers think is if they want more money for their home they need to list it at a higher price. The second thing that they think is that they need to save money on the commission. Have you thought this? It is ok you are not alone. I would like to share with you that this is not the case. The two are mistakes that could cost you thousands of dollars or a sale.
Mistake #1 - Over pricing a home causes buyers to choose other well priced homes. When this happens, the time on the market increases and then buyers wonder what is wrong with the home. Most of the time, there is nothing wrong. The price was just missed. So what should be the pricing strategy? Hitting the sweat spot. That is pricing that will encourage...