Hurricane Sales Tax Holiday 2022: What You Need to Know
Be Prepared for Hurricane season
The Hurricane Sales Tax Holiday is between now and ends on Friday, June 10. This means that during this time period, you can purchase eligible disaster preparedness products without paying sales tax. Eligible items include batteries, flashlights, first-aid kits, and more. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the sales tax holiday. This is the perfect great opportunity to stock up on hurricane supplies and remove the last minute panic all while saving money.
Saving Money with the Sales Tax Holiday
What items are eligible for the sales tax holiday? Here are some of the popular items.
- Pet leashes, collars, muzzles and pads costing $20 or less;
- Flashlights, lanterns and pet beds costing $40 or less;
- Batteries and weather radios costing $50 or less;
- Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers costing $70 or less;
- Tarps and portable pet kennels costing $100 or less; and
- Generators costing $1,000 or less
For a complete list visit the list provided by the Florida Revenue.
When you are prepared, it is easier to remain calm which is helpful during a storm.