How to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger....Here's the 10 Simple Ways
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief,
making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10
easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of
2. Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a
3. Remove Barriers – Open up the room with clear glass shower doors or
4. Monotone Decorating – Use the same light colors on walls, countertops,
floors and cabinetry to allow for the eyes to flow through the space.
How to Survive a Remodel While Living in the Home
Certainly the best way to live through a home remodel is to pack up and head to a beach house in Hawaii. Unfortunately, most people aren’t able to do that and must try to balance the construction crew and dust while also living in the home. Fortunately, there are a few survival tips that can help you live through the chaos.
Make boundaries right up front and make sure everyone is aware of the rules.
Limit access to parts of the home not included in the construction and set a
schedule for start and stop times. Get a collection of “do not disturb” signs for use around the home to ensure you have private spaces and times.
Boundaries should also include times set aside to discuss the project with the
General Contractor, tradesmen and project managers. Make yourself...
Tips for Buying a House in the Fall
Surprisingly, fall is a great time to buy a home. There are still homes on the
market which did not sell during the summer months, some at deep discounts. There are also homes newly listed by sellers trying to beat the slower winter months. At the same time, there are fewer buyers out searching, which makes it the perfect time to buy a home.
- Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home and at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity.
- Notice the imperfections. With windy or rainy weather, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris with the falling leaves. Look at gutters and ceilings for both.
- Visit the local school. With school in...
How to Design an Amazing Outdoor Space
Great weather in Florida lasts almost year round so having an outdoor space is a real plus. Designing an outdoor space that you’ll look forward to spending time in doesn’t necessarily mean breaking the bank. The essential elements for a beautiful outdoor area are the same at any price point. Many buyers make a great patio or pool area as a popular feature that they want in their new home.
Define the Living Area
Regardless of the size of your space, define the living area through the use of patios, decks and/or furniture. Plan how you will use your outdoor area so you utilize the space the best way you can. An outdoor rug and outdoor furniture will allow you to have a bonus living space. During the cooler months from November to April, dining outdoors is very popular. ...
Tricks to Stage Your Home For Less
If you are ready to put your home on the market, you already know that how it looks can make a significant difference in the sales price. If you are on a budget and don’t want to hire a professional stager, there are still some changes you can make which will create a big impact.
- Declutter; pack up extra “everything.” Remove anything you don’t absolutely need from every room, closet and cupboard. A cluttered closet looks small and uninviting.
- Replace curtains, bedding and towels with light neutral colors to make the room look larger and bright
- Paint a room or two with modern colors
- Store furniture to make the room look larger
- Stage the kitchen with wine and fruit. Skip the fake table setting and create an image of an intimate meal...
Moving with Pets – Make the Move Easier on Your Furry Friends
Moving day can be stressful on everyone. Regardless of how carefully you plan your move, the day itself is still filled with activity and unexpected issues which can cause anxiety. If you have pets, imagine how unsettled they feel as their environment is packed up and taken away?
While nothing can prevent some stress, there are a few tips to make the move easier on your furry friends.
- Prepare a pet-kit. This should include all the necessities; food, toys, blankets, etc.
- Talk with your vet. In advance, determine if you need a new vet and any specific concerns they have for your pet. You might even consider a sedative.
- Isolate your pets from the action and keep them safely contained.
- Transport your pets in your own car....
The Worst Mistakes You Can Make As a Homebuyer
Buying a home is typically the largest financial transaction most people make in their lifetime. The last thing you want to do is make a mistake, one which could cost you time and money – often a lot of money.
These are some of the most common, and worst, mistakes you can make
when buying a home.
• Not doing your homework in advance – Before you do anything else, do some preliminary research and get a pre-qualification letter before you start shopping for your new home.
• Changing Jobs or Buying Big Items – Once you’ve decided to buy a home, it’s critical not to change your circumstances, such as a new job or large credit card purchase.
• Calling the Listing Agent Directly...
5 Most Popular Paint Colors in 2018
The easiest way to modernize a room or home is with paint; color can provide a subtle backdrop or steal the show. From soft neutrals to vivid brights, here are the 5 most exciting new colors for 2018.
1. Charcoals – While the soft neutral grays and taupe of the past few years still enjoyspopularity, today’s grays are becoming bolder. Lush earthy grays and even darker charcoal are popping up in designs for 2018.
2. Blues – Always a popular color for paint, modern blues include soft elements of gray and brown, adding dimension.
3. Sage – Another color which incorporates gray tones of contemporary style is sage. Far from the old avocado of the 70s, sage is a delicate neutral which serves as a great backdrop for today’s home.
4. Brights – The...