Real Estate Advice You Should Ignore
Buying or selling your home is a big decision. It’s natural to have questions, but how can you tell if the information and advice you receive is accurate to your situation? Not only can you find bad information online but it might come from unexpected sources, like your friends, your family and even your agent.
Here are a few of the costly real estate advice that you should ignore each and every time.
1. You’ll save money if you don’t work with an agent – Both buyers and sellers fall into this trap, but bottom line, a good agent will save both parties money through their market knowledge and negotiation skills.
2. Determining your price by online estimates – Online home value estimates, such as...
Is it time to move?
Moving is a big decision. It is hard for many to change and often there is emotional attachment for the home. It’s understandable andt yet a home that doesn’t fit your needs any longer can make even the most loved home uncomfortable. Are you wondering if it’s time to move? Here are 6 telltale signs that you should consider putting the “for sale” sign up in your front yard.
1. Your Home is Too Small – One of the most common signs is that you’ve outgrown your home.
2. Your Home is Too Large – Life changes! Empty nesters often find the home too large and it’s maintenance too much when they finally have time to travel and relax.
3. Your Home is Too Expensive – Are you...
8 Things Buyer Notice in a Home
Buyers notice everything when they walk into a home - good and bad. From the moment they walk in the front door, they are trying to determine if this is the right home for them. If you have your home listed for sale, paying attention to what the buyers notice can mean the difference between an offer and a missed opportunity.
Here are the 8 Things Buyers Notice as Soon as they Walk In
1. Light – A bright home is inviting. Make sure you fill your home with lots of natural light or a soft evening glow. Having clean windows is important when selling a home.
2. Smell – Nothing is less inviting than a strong odor. Even candles and air fresheners can be overwhelming. Less is more and make sure nothing unpleasant is lingering. Vanilla is the...