Tips to Get the Best Price when Buying a House
Buying a home is typically the largest financial purchase most people make in their lifetimes. Of course you want to get the best possible deal, but with the desirable properties moving quickly on and off the market, how can you put yourself in the best position to get the best price when making that offer?
By preparing properly, you can be in a great position to write a good offer and have it accepted.
• Get a preapproval before you go house-hunting
• Write an offer based on home value and not list price
• Gather information about why the seller is moving, their motivation
• Ask for extras, such as washer/dryer or refrigerator
• Consider removing some contingencies or offer...
The Difference Between a Pre-Qualification vs. PreApproval
There is plenty of real estate terms used in transactions. Needless-to-say it can be confusing for both buyers and sellers trying to navigate the process. The home loan process might feel overwhelming and difficult to understand. Both buyers and sellers find terms like “PreQualification” and “Pre-Approval” used interchangeably, it’s no wonder they find themselves wondering how to proceed.
The first step in obtaining a home loan is to meet with a lender and discussing their financial situation. The lender will discuss income, job stability, debt and credit. Once they have performed a basic review of the qualifications and run credit, they will issue a Pre-Qualification...
10 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief, making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10 easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of space.
2. Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a must.
3. Remove Barriers – Open...
Why Millionaires Love Real Estate
Serious investors already know the value of a diversified portfolio. In addition to stocks and bonds, real estate should be included in your investment mix. One way to accomplish this is to purchase, hold, rent or flip actual physical property, as part of your investment strategy. Real estate is a solid asset which can provide annual income, asset appreciation and/or quick profit.
Millionaires understand the value of real estate and how it can be used to increase wealth and as a hedge against the volatility of other investments, such as stocks and bonds. Real estate holdings can provide immediate and long-term benefits:
• Cash Flow - Rental income is one of the primary reasons investors purchase property.
• Asset Appreciation –...
5 Things NOT to do When Staging
Staging a home for sale is the most misunderstood process in home selling. Creating the right atmosphere in the home, one which invites potential buyers to linger is much more than this. When creating the right scene, it’s just as important to know what NOT to when staging the home.
1. Neglecting the Deep Clean – A clean and fresh home is the very first step. If the home smells like last night’s dinner and there is cat hair in the corners, regardless of what else you do, it’s not going to sell.
2. Leaving the Clutter – Of course, you’re still living in the home, but it shouldn’t necessarily look like it.
3. Keeping Too Many Personal Photos In View – Again, the goals is to create a place where the buyers can...