What Happens After Closing?
The day you've dreamed of is finally here. So now what? As your top agent, we want to share with you what to expect after the closing.
The walk thru is over and the closing paperwork is signed so what happens next?
1. As soon as your funds have been cleared and all paperwork is signed, you are the proud owner of your new home. You will leave the closign with keys to your new home. Our suggestion is to have the locks changed as it will give you peace of mind that extra keys won't be floating around.
2. Don't forget to take a minute to enjoy and celebrate. Congrats. You might want to enjoy a toast or dinner and then then it is time to start getting ready to start preparing to move in.
3. You will need to have your utilities switched over to your name. Some allow you to schedule it ahead of time while some utilities require proof of ownership such in the case of your water.
4. Once the deed is recorded, you will receive your deed and your owner's title policy in the mail. Put these somewhere safe.
5. If you obtain a mortgage, keep an eye out for your mortgage payment information. If you don't receive it by your first payment, you should have received a mortgage coupon at the closing with where to make your 1st payment.
6. Filing for homestead is one of the things you want to make sure you do if you qualify. Having your primary home homesteaded will have a legal and financial benefit for you. Here is the information that you need to know to file for your homesteead exemption.
7. Remember to do a change of address at the post office. Ideally, this should be done prior to closins so you receive your important mail.
8. Update the address of your Driver's License. If you are moving from out of state, you will need to check about licensing and vehicle registration requirements.
9. Most importantly start unpacking and decorating to make it yours. Need great ideas? To to Houzz and Pinterest to get great ideas on decorating tips.